Friday, June 20, 2014

Pittsburgh 'Bucket List'

The list has officially been created. Now I know it says 'bucket list' which is traditionally used in reference to a list of things a person wants to do/experience prior to death, but I felt that the saying was good for my intentions as well. Since I have moved to a town near Pittsburgh and plan on staying out here, then I minus well have a list of things for me to do so that I truly become a real 'Pittsburgher.' So here it is, my list. This list is of activities, sights, experiences, foods, and in general anything I have been told I must do, see, experience, or try to become a true Pittsburgher. I plan on completing this list by June 20th, 2015, yes exactly one year from today since today is when the list was made. Of course any additions are highly possible since I obviously do not know of everything to do and see in the area, but once it is on the list, it is on the list. Suggestions are greatly appreciated.


 1. Go to a Pirates Game
 2 Go to a Pens Game
 3. Go to a Steelers Game
 4. Eat a Primanti's Sandwich in the Strip District
 5. Visited Carnegie Museum of Natural History
 6. Visited Carnegie Science Center
 7. Visited Carnegie Museum of Art
 8. Visited Any Warhol Museum
 9. Visited Mattress Factory
 10. Visited Toonseum
 11. Visited Depreciation Lands Museum
 12. Eaten Chipped Chopped Ham
 13. Eaten Hagan Ice Cream
 14. Visited Hartwood Acres
 15. Visited Point State Park (Check!)
 16. Visited Moraine State Park
 17. Visited Presque Isle State Park
 18. Driven over more than 5 different bridges in less than 30 minutes (is that really possible?)
 19. Visited Pittsburgh Zoo and PPG Aquarium
 20. Visited Kennywood
 21. Go to the Big Butler Fair
 22. Skied at Seven Springs
 23. Eat at Isaly's
 24. Eat at Pamela's
 25. Ride a Street Car
 26. Ride the T
 27. Ride the Duquesne Incline
 28. Ride the Monongahela Incline
 29. Go to Forbes Field
 30. Go to Pitt Stadium
 31. Go to Civic Arena
 32. Go to Three Rivers Stadium
 33. Eat a Potato Top Tomato
 34. Used French Fries as Salad Topping (Check!)
 35. Attend the 'Three Rivers Regatta'
 36. Visited McConnells Mill
 37. Visit the Benedum Center
 38. Visit the Phipps Conservatory and Botanical Garden
 39. Visit the Nationa Aviary
 40. Visit Heinz Hall for the Performing Arts
 41. Go to Schenley Park
 42. Visit Fort Pit Museum
 43. Visit the Clemente Museum
 44. Visit Soldiers and Sailors Memorial Hall
 45. Visit Phipps Conservatory
 46. The Nationality Rooms
 47. Visit the Frick Art and Historical Center
 48. Visit the Bayernhof Music Museum
 49. South Side
 50. Go to the Strip

Welp, I know the list is long, but I will get it done. Like I said, I have a year and I'm going to work hard to see, do, experience everything on this list. So here goes nothing!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment